Here’s a time lapse video showing the replacement a tiled roof with a zinc standing seam metal roof. The film was taken last year whilst Sarnian Roofing was reroofing The Lighthouse Wards at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital on Guernsey. These 60 continuing care units were becoming unusable due to a failed tiled roof installed in 2004, and the new standing seam metal roof was installed on three wards whilst the buildings were in use.
In the video you can see
- Removal of existing tiles, batten, felt & insulation on the first of the three wards, followed by
- Installation of a new 18mm plywood deck,
- The Alutrix 600 Vapour control layer,
- Metdeck insulation board,
- Underlay, and
- Installation of the shiny new NedZink NOVA Standing Seam Metal Roof.
- We’ve commissioned photography for the project and will be publishing a case study in due course. If you want to be informed about the project and learn more about zinc and other metal roofing and cladding, subscribe to the blog here.
- Find out more about designing Standing Seam Metal Roofing in our series here.
- Learn more about NedZinc NOVA natural and pre-weathered zinc and its sister products, download datasheets, BIM objects and documentation, and view a gallery of images.
- Make an enquiry about your re-roofing project. Because we are product neutral we can offer assistance in choosing the right materials to use as part of our 8 steps service.